The New York AGD Learning Center Presents
"Skillfully Responding To Conflict In Work And In Life Through The Use Of Basic Mediation Techniques "
Date: Sunday, June 14, 2020
1902 Whitestone Expressway, Suite 204, Whitestone, NY 11357
Course 12:30pm to 2:30pm
Course Code: 153
Presentation by: Mr. Martin Applebaum
After receiving a BA from SUNY at Stony Brook and a MA degree in Asian Studies from the University of Hawaii, Martin Applebaum spent the next five years in the ancient Japanese capital of Kyoto, continuing his studies in Japanese philosophy and religion and practicing Zen meditation (which he has continued to do for over 40 years) while teaching English at Doshisha University, Shiga National University and as a consultant with the Kyoto City Board of Education.
Course Goals and Objectives:
Participants will not only receive valuable conceptual tools but will, through hands-on exercises, have an opportunity to put theory into practice.
1) empower people to resolve their own problems;
2) defuse anger and defensiveness;
3) bring to awareness unconscious assumptions and bias;
4) go beneath the surface of positional argument to validate the values each person in conflict holds;
5) bring these values into dialogue, fostering deeper, open communication; and
6) dramatically increase the probability of finding common ground through value-based creative problem solving.
New York AGD is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. The current term of approval extends from 01/01/2019 to 12/31/2020. Provider ID # 219318